Wednesday, April 19, 2017

How To Upcycle Pallets Into Strawberry Pallet Planters {Brilliant Gardening Project}

How To Turn Pallets Into Strawberry Pallet Planters {Brilliant Gardening Project}
Gardening is something I adore, but I most definitely do not possess a green thumb. In fact, I have mostly learned through trial and error, but one thing which has saved me a lot of mistakes and helped me to learn some cool tips and tricks is YouTube. In fact, YouTube is probably the only reason my yard is green at all.

Each year I search for a new project to challenge me. Last year I made a raised garden bed with cement blocks, and just a few months ago I made terracotta pots into an artistic planter. Next year I was planning ton growing strawberries for the first time, so I just did some research to find out the best practices for that, and I discovered yet another exciting planter project.

This video teaches you how you can build a strawberry planter out of an old pallet:

 

Detailed step by step photo tutorial available on Lovely Greens blog.

It turns out that it is a fairly simple transformation, though it looks amazing. You can watch her deconstruct the original pallet and reassemble it and it's like magic—the steps involved are very fast and easy. Looking at the finished planter, I would never guess that it started out as a wood pallet; I would just have thought that it'd been designed that way and purchased from the store.

So now I have my first gardening project planned for next year. Watch the video and give it a try; these planters would probably work great for a lot of different fruits, veggies and flowers! In for more creative gardening projects? Check out our 100 gardening hacks post.

Bonus video on how to fill your new pallet planter with strawberry plants.

Tutorials by Tanya from Lovely Greens blog! Check it out but be careful it’s an addicting blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment