Monday, April 24, 2017

How to Attract Hedgehogs to Your Garden and Get Rid of Snails and Slugs

How to Attract Hedgehogs to Your Garden and Get Rid of Snails and Slugs {Video}
I do a lot of thinking about my garden projects year round, and winter is no exception. This is when I spend a lot of time researching into 100 expert gardening tips like these and researching hacks for growing my plants.

I also think about garden pests, among which I used to count the hedgehogs which roam around our area. My neighbors told me hedgehogs are pests. These little fluff-balls are so cute it's the last thing I wanted to believe, but I took it for granted. If everyone else in our area does their best to keep the out of their gardens, shouldn't I?

Well, maybe not. I did some research on hedgehogs, and they do have some benefits for gardens. They are known for their voracious appetites. If there are ground-nesting birds in your yard, you probably should keep hedgehogs out, but if you are trying to control slugs, grubs, and snails, a few hedgehogs can actually help to maintain the balance of your garden's ecosystem. That's right—these little guys remove pests.

So I decided to learn how I can invite them into my garden and care for them, and I discovered an excellent informative video from the Wildlife Garden Project which provides a lot of detail:

Watch this video and you will learn how to let hedgehogs into your garden and how you can build a cozy, safe feeding station where they can nom without the threat of predators! I can't wait to help these adorable critters out so that they can help my garden out in return. I hope if you have hedgehogs in your garden, you will also enjoy taking care of them with these tips from the Wildlife Garden Project!

No comments:

Post a Comment