Saturday, April 22, 2017

Brilliant Kitchen Hack: How to Seal a Jar … With a Balloon

Brilliant Kitchen Hack: How to Seal a Jar … With a Balloon
I have a million mason jars in my house (don't judge me!) because they are awesome! I use them in my kitchen for foods and beverages and for a ton of crafts. They are perfect for cakes and desserts in a jar, and I have customized a fair few of them as well.

In fact, I am pretty attached to them—even the ones I haven't decorated in any way. So it's really upsetting if something happens to one of the lids. Just last week one of my kids somehow managed to misplace the lid to one of my jars while I was working in the kitchen, and wouldn't you just know that it was right when I needed it to store some preserves.

Could I have used another jar? Yeah, probably, but all my other jars were in use at the time and I kind of wanted to just get the jar sealed and move on with my day. I needed a way to seal my jar without the lid!

I went online not expecting to find much, but then I found this … the perfect solution!

I know … amazing, right? How does anyone even think up something like this? I mean, a balloon of all things … really? I gave it a try and it turned out to be super easy, just as it appears. My jar was sealed up tight, giving me a day to figure out which of my other jars could be pulled away from what I was using them for. This really saved me a headache. I hope it helps you out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment