Wednesday, April 19, 2017

This Beyond Genius DIY Geometric Wall Art Project Will Blow Your Mind

This Beyond Genius DIY Geometric Wall Art Project Will Blow Your Mind
When we bought our big house, I was so excited by how much wall space we had. We had moved out of a much smaller place, and our walls were totally cluttered there. We've been in our big house for years now, and I have done a lot of wall art projects, like this butterfly one (still my favorite) and several from this list. But even after all this time, I still have a few walls left which are empty and which I could do a lot to enhance—and now I think I have found the perfect project.

I am not going to pretend this is going to be easy, because it isn't; this may be one of the most challenging projects I ever try. I want to create geometric wall art like the woman in this video:

She starts by sketching the designs. The designs look complicated, but technically they are just rectangles inside other rectangles. She then puts a bunch of tape up on her walls in the same pattern (the tape makes it easy to get straight lines), and then paints over it all. Afterward, she removes the tape, and what results is simply breathtaking.

I am so beyond impressed by this woman's ingenuity, attention to detail, and extreme patience! I know this is going to be a tough project, but I can't wait to try it. It is going to be so worth all the time and hard work! Video by Elsa Rhae youtuber.

No comments:

Post a Comment