Friday, April 21, 2017

How to Make Any Pair of Jeans Perfect for Maternity

How to Make Any Pair of Jeans Perfect for Maternity
On our site, we have a number of posts which talk about babies … like this baby gift idea, or this crochet pattern. But one thing we don't have a lot of is advice for maternity. I've been thinking about this lately because my sister is pregnant right now, and she's been asking me so many questions about when I was pregnant with my kids.

One of the questions which I didn't know how to answer at first was, "What do I wear?" I never really found a great answer to that myself. I had a lot of maternity clothes, but jeans in particular posed a problem. It is hard to predict what size you will end up at, and I ended up buying pair after pair of jeans as a result. Plus, even if I had known, if I had simply purchased the largest pair I would need, they wouldn't have fit for most of my pregnancy anyway.

Other interesting baby posts:

So what can be done about it? There actually turns out to be a super simple, genius solution!

This video shows you how you can create a flexible pair of jeans to accommodate your baby bump throughout your pregnancy. You simply remove the pockets from your pants and replace them with stretchable fabric. The fabric stretches as it needs to, and you don't have to keep buying new pairs of jeans. I so wish I had thought of this back in the day! At least now I have the answer for my sister—and any other pregnant ladies out there who don't want to keep buying new jeans! Video by Whatsupmoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment