Wednesday, April 19, 2017

How to Turn an Old Bed Sheet Into a Beautiful Maxi Dress

dress-measure
Do you have any old bed sheets stuffed away in a closet or a drawer somewhere? I have a few. I liked the colors or patterns a lot, to much to throw them way because they got a small tear or don't fit my bed anymore. But I never could figure out what to do with them. But bed sheets are really expensive. Throwing them away would be a waste, right?

I started to wonder if maybe I could use the sheets somehow to make clothes. I have done a lot of fashion projects, like making my own tank top dress, and this amazing t-shirt dress. So I got on YouTube and started looking up DIY projects, and I ended up finding one which is absolutely perfect for what I want to do:

Video Tutorial:

This is actually a project to make a maxi dress out of a bed sheet! I admit that you can kind of guess that the finished dress may have started life as a sheet, but I think this is mostly because of the material and the patterns. But the dress itself is beautiful and has a cool vintage look to it. Mostly I am just blown away by how easy this project looks. While I have not gotten started on it yet, I am confident that I can do it, and the sheets I have are going to work perfectly for this. Now I never need to throw away a beautiful sheet ever again! Tutorial by amynotsomuch.

No comments:

Post a Comment