Wednesday, March 29, 2017

How to Make Pineapple Upside-Down Pancakes {Brilliant Recipe}

How to Make Pineapple Upside-Down Pancakes {Brilliant Food-Hack}
I am a huge fan of pancakes.  I love their fluffy texture, and the way they come off the stovetop steaming.  There is just something comforting about a stack of pancakes.  For me it's always been the best way to start out my morning right.

But you know what else I love?  Pineapple!  When I was a kid, we never had it in the house.  So it was something I associated with vacations to Hawaii.  I was thrilled when I became a grown-up and discovered it's one of the cheapest fruits in the grocery store.  Yeah, chopping it up is a pain, but it is so worth it, right?


So I recently discovered this awesome recipe for making pineapple upside-down pancakes—two of my favorite things combined!  And let me tell you, it is scrumptious and so easy to make!  The result comes out looking really fancy; my kids were totally thrilled when they saw their breakfast, and my husband seemed to think I'd done something mega-complex that deserved all kinds of gratitude.  They were all surprised when I started making them a regular breakfast; it's become the Sunday favorite in our house.  It really only takes a few more minutes than plain pancakes; cutting and caramelizing the pineapple are the only added steps which take any significant time.

You can view the step-by-step instructions for making these pineapple upside-down pancakes here:

Video Instructions

  1. Caramelize the pineapple slices in brown sugar and butter.
  2. Mix the pancake batter.
  3. For each pancake, use about half a cup of the batter.
  4. Press one of the pineapple rings into each of the pancakes as they are cooking, and then add a cherry to the center.
  5. Flip the pancake over when the bottom is done cooking, and then cook the top.

The recipe yields around 12-15 pancakes, so if you are serving a family, there will be plenty for everyone!  If you make your own pancakes regularly, you can just use whatever batter you usually make.  But if you are brand new to cooking pancakes, don't worry. The video includes the full recipe and instructions for mixing the batter.  You can use batter out of a box too, but I highly recommend that you make your own batter from scratch.  You will get much better results! Recipe by eHow Foods Youtube Channel.

Looking for more ways to add spice up pancakes check out our Apple Puffed Pancake recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment