Monday, April 17, 2017

60 Professional Cooking Diagrams and Charts That Simplify Cooking

Baking

I am going to share infographics with you which teach you how to do a wide variety of cooking preparations, but I want to start with a bunch of baking charts first. Why? Baking intimidates a lot of people. As a result, there are a ton of infographics which cover it. Believe me, after reading these, you are going to find baking a lot more approachable.

1. Make the ideal chocolate chip cookie.

1. Make the ideal chocolate chip cookie.
You know how some chocolate chip cookies are thick and gooey, while others are wide, flat and a bit crispy around the edges? For the longest time, I thought that the outcome was an accident, not something you can easily control. But as this infographic demonstrates, you can determine exactly how your chocolate chip cookies are going to turn out based on how much sugar, baking soda, and baking powder that you use. So next time you decide to bake, you can make perfect cookies.

Source: handletheheat

2. Know your eggs.

2. Know your eggs.
I love eggs in my cooking, but I have to admit that sometimes they get a little bit confusing for me. For example, what exactly is the "albumen?" And just how many eggs are in one cup? I used to have a thousand unanswered questions, but now I know everything that I could possibly need to about how to bake with eggs. Just check out this amazing infographic from Chasing Delicious.

Source: chasingdelicious

3. Check out some actual chemistry.

3. Check out some actual chemistry.
When I was actually in my chemistry class, I complained a lot, probably because I was getting a “D." Secretly, however, I was completely fascinated by the subject, and if I had not been under so much pressure to get the grade, I probably would’ve been having a pretty fun time. So naturally I got very excited when I found this extensive infographic which teaches a little bit more about the actual science behind baking! Yes, it is pretty long, but if you read through it from top to bottom, I promise you will learn a ton.

Source: http://www.berries.com/blog/science-of-baking

4. Troubleshoot your pantry.

4-bakers-guide-pantry-problems
I’ve always struggled to know when my baking supplies have expired, and when I can still use them. For example, whenever I would find that my honey had crystallized, I would assume that it had gone bad and I would throw it away. Then I discovered this handy chart, which taught me that simply putting the honey in the microwave for 30 seconds is enough to salvage it. That tip alone has already saved me a lot of money. All of the other information in this chart is also incredibly useful.

Source: blog.foodnetwork

5. Figure out how much cake you need.

5. Figure out how much cake you need.
Are you in charge of figuring out dessert for a party? If so, you may find yourself fretting when it comes time to either bake or purchase a cake. Terrified of getting too little, you end up getting way too much. But now, you no longer have to worry about estimating incorrectly. This helpful chart will tell you exactly how much cake you need in any dimensions that you require to serve all of your guests.

Source: u-createcrafts

6. Figure out which decorating tips to use on your cakes.

6. Figure out which decorating tips to use on your cakes.
When it comes to making a cake, I usually find the decorating even more intimidating than the baking. There is nothing more frustrating than going to the trouble of making the perfect cake only to mess it up when it comes time to put the lettering on top. It is very difficult to know exactly which decorating tips produce which results. But now I no longer have to worry about playing that guessing game, because I have found a chart which explains it all!

Source: craftsy

7. Replace your eggs for vegan baking.

7. Replace your eggs for vegan baking.
Previously, I shared a chart with you which taught you everything that you could possibly need to know about baking with eggs. But what if you are a vegan and do not want to use eggs at all? This handy infographic teaches you about a number of genius substitutions and which recipes they work best for.

Source: connoisseurusveg

8. Bake without gluten.

8. Bake without gluten.
Something else that you may not want in your food is gluten. Gluten sensitivities are fairly common (and can wreak havoc on your body), but learning how to bake without using gluten can be quite challenging without the right resources. Here is a very useful chart which will help you to make the transition to gluten-free baking.

Source: sheknows

9. Steer clear of common baking errors.

9. Steer clear of common baking errors.
A lot of the mistakes that I make while baking seem to come down to not properly understanding, interpreting, or applying directions. I did not realize this before, but it all makes a lot more sense now that I’ve found a chart of baking measuring do's and don’ts. While some of these may seem like common sense, all of them are also common mistakes. So don’t feel too bad if you’ve made a lot of them.

Source: foodnetwork

10. Make any kind of buttercream frosting you can imagine.

10. Make any kind of buttercream frosting you can imagine.
If you enjoy buttercream frosting, and are looking for a fast and easy guide to buttercream recipes, you’ll love this chart. Learn how to make coconut cream, peppermint, pistachio, red velvet and more.

Source: sheknows

No comments:

Post a Comment