Sunday, January 22, 2017

How to Transform a Glass Bottle into a Simple Decorative Lantern

How to Transform a Glass Bottle into a Simple Decorative Lantern. Such a creative repurposing idea!
I've been collecting glass bottles for a while now, with the hopes of finding some cool uses for them around my home. Sure, many of them are my empty wine bottles (you can make some awesome things with the corks, too) but apart from my *ahem* totally average amount of wine drinking, I've also found some really interesting bottles of all different shapes, sizes and colors. I've already repurposed some into candle holders and outdoor tiki torches, but the sheer size of my collection demands something more.

Video:

Video by Suckuk Bottle Cork Light

Thanks to a bit of Amazon trawling, I managed to find the perfect product to help – a little cork-shaped LED light that transforms my bottles into stunning lanterns.

These lights fit practically any bottle and you simply pop them in like regular corks. They're rechargeable via USB, and, depending on the brand, take anywhere from 20 minutes to one hour to charge fully, and will last for about 3 hours. It's a really clever concept, and they can certainly replace candles for mood lighting indoors. I'm planning on using these as a centerpiece arrangement on my dinner table next time I have a dinner party.

No comments:

Post a Comment